Who decides what is shown on Dansens Hus stages and how can you as a choreographer or company do to be programmed, co-produce or get a residency?
Programmet på Dansens Hus planeras av teaterchefen. Till stöd har teaterchefen ett programråd som består av såväl externa konstnärliga rådgivare som Dansens Hus interna kompetenser i form av producenter och projektledare. De externa konstnärliga rådgivarna bidrar med specifika kompetenser och perspektiv och anlitas av teaterchefen i perioder om två år.
Dansens Hus' mission includes creating a programme with a diversity of expressions. Artistic qualities exist for us in the plural and should generate important dance art for many. In the curatorial process, we work in an outreach and inclusive manner with cross-sectoral perspectives as parameters.
Decisions are based on an overall assessment of the following criteria:
- Working height
- Artistic form: performative practices and expressions
- Practical conditions such as technical requirements, theatre space, rehearsal rooms, etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for programme management and co-production, please attach the following documents:
- A short presentation describing your production. Please link to a video presentation if available.
- Technical specification - a document that describes the room including the desired lighting, sound, video, dance mat, flooring, etc.
- All already planned game events, tour plan or other public display event.
- Existing communication materials
- When applying for programme hosting/co-production, we would like to see a salary claim.
- When applying for a residency or studio residency, we require a total budget for the production, including any approved grant applications, collaboration partners and/or letter of intent.
Are you looking for a unconditional initial production call, please attach the following:
- A short presentation describing your practice and your initial production idea.
Contact info: You can reach us at [email protected]
All proposals are considered by our Programme Council. Our aim is to have a processing time of about 4 weeks.
The ultimate responsibility for programming and curatorial work at Dansens Hus is Johannes Öhman, Head of Theatre.
How is the programming decided for the different stages of Dansens Hus? And how can you as a choreographer or company be programmed, co-produced, or receive residency support?
The programme at Dansens Hus is created by the theatre director with the support of a programme council. The programme council is made up of both external artistic advisers and Dansens Hus' internal producers and project managers. The external artistic advisers contribute with specific experiences and perspectives and are hired by the theatre director for periods of two years.
Dansens Hus' assignment includes creating a programme with a variety of expressions. Artistic qualities exist for us in a multitude of forms and should generate urgent dance art for many. Throughout the curatorial process, we work with concepts of outreach, inclusion, and cross-sectoral perspectives in an integrated way.
Decisions are made on the basis of an overall assessment of the following criteria:
-Quality of overall work
-Artistic form: performative practices and expressions
-Practical conditions such as technical requirements, stage rooms, rehearsal rooms